(Last updated June 18th, 2020; this page will be updated with more current information as it becomes available)
Bay Vista has altered our schedule during this pandemic –
out of an abundance using an appropriate level of caution, and complying with city and state requirements – to protect our more vulnerable members.
In-Person Schedule Adjustments
- We are having one service each Sunday, at 10:30am. We are currently not having any other Sunday activities. Please see Bro. Danny’s reopening update for information on the changes we have implemented for these in-person services.
- Choir rehersal has resumed; it is held on Wednesdays at 6:30pm, in the worship center rather than the choir room.
- Sunday School will resume July 12th.
- The church office will be open normal hours (Monday-Thursday, 8:30am to 1pm).
- For any regularly-scheduled committee meeting, contact the chairman of that committee.
- The service will be streamed live from YouTube each week (link pending). The podcast will be available earlier than its usual “Mondays at 8am” time (under “Our Latest Message” in the sidebar), and that page will have a link to the recording from that week.
- Please continue tithing, as the expenses to keep Bay Vista running will not noticeably decrease during this period. Tithes can be given online, dropped off at the chuch office when it is open, mailed to the address at the bottom of this page. (added online giving April 2nd)
An Encouraging Word
Martin Luther, the German reformer, served during the time of the Black Plague. Following are his words written to Dr. John Hess (taken from his Works, volume 43, page 132):
I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, He will sure find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person by will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.
Our ministry does not stop during this time, and we pray that we look back and see that this has all been much ado about nothing.
Below are links to the virtual services we held while we were closed. (moved here June 3rd)
- May 31st, 2020
- May 24th, 2020 - Memorial Day Weekend
- May 17th, 2020
- May 10th, 2020 - Mother’s Day
- May 3rd, 2020
- April 26th, 2020
- April 19th, 2020
- April 12th, 2020 - Easter Sunday
- April 5th, 2020 - Palm Sunday
- March 29th, 2020
- March 22nd, 2020
The originally scheduled dates for these events has passed; they have been moved here to keep the list above shorter.
- The family ministry fellowship on March 21st was postponed.
- Joe Agustin’s memorial service on March 23rd was postponed, and the fellowship meal following was canceled.
- The Crusader luncheons on April 7th, May 5th, and June 2nd were canceled.
- The Maundy Thursday service on April 9th was canceled; however, here is a plan you can follow to remember the day when Jesus changed the meaning of Passover forever.